Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Popular Mechanics to the rescue!

This morning, I saw a pop up on some web sites for this book about 9/11 "myths." My first glance made me think it was one of those books that posits Bush instigated the 9/11/01 terrorist attack on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. Looking more closely, I realized it was a book prepared by Popular Mechanics that explains why the Bush-did-it or Mossad-did-it or whatever theories are wrong.

Reading through the blog Popular Mechanics has prepared, I am impressed with its clear prose and explanations. I believe the book will become an important document to have as time goes on, particularly if our nation descends into anti-scientific (and not just from Republicans, folks) delusions or worse, madness.

My best advice to persons who are considering whether to buy into a theory of a government "conspiracy" concerning the events of 9/11/01 is to analyze the information, pro and con, and ask yourself, "Is the information overall more likely the result of an official government plan or does it reveal the negligence of government officials?" Also, the fact that a politician or executive administration may use horrific events to aggrandize power is a different question--and does not, alone, prove prior knowledge or participation in the event being exploited.

(Edited)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home