Friday, August 01, 2008

My wife's letter to editor published in local paper on impeaching BushCheney

My wife wrote the following letter, without any input from MF Blog's proprietor:

Reasons to impeach now

Impeach now so no more soldiers and civilians have to die. Impeach now so our children will learn that the political process can be meaningful and purposeful when it comes to preserving life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Impeach now so the world will know that there are plenty of Americans who want peace. Impeach now before Bush does anymore damage to the environment. Impeach now to send a message to future generations that war and poverty are not inevitable.

Impeach now, as a reminder to our leaders that they work for the people.

Jackie Freedman

Poway


This letter was printed in today's North County Times (San Diego County). Yeah, we can quibble as to whether Iraqi civilians will continue to die if Bush/Cheney were impeached (I think the answer is most definitely), but the letter is eloquently and poetically stated. I'm very proud of my wife, who has also taken part in protests against this war since 2002, before the 2003 American invasion of Iraq. Good for her, and better than me, as I've only joined her a few times at protests these last several years.

(Edited)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home