Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sexual innuendo for Republicans only...

I heard about, and then watched a video of some young woman implying a vote for Obama is like having sex, and the right wing is now apparently all atwitter. I wonder what they would make of their hero, Ronald Wilson Reagan saying the following just days before his election (erection?) in 1980. From the Washington Post dated November 1, 1980:

"On Thursday night, at a workingclass bar in Bayonne, N.J., Reagan said, 'I know what it’s like to pull the Republican lever for the first time, because I used to be a Democrat myself, and I can tell you it only hurts for a minute and then it feels just great.'"

Back then, Republicans thought that was funny. And heck, even Democrats thought so too. But now...What a long way Republicans have come.

Pun intended.

(A tip o' the old hat to Digby and Eric Kleefeld at Josh Marshall's place, Talking Points Memo.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home