Thursday, November 01, 2012

Most Obama advisers cautious; Romney advisers risk sounding like Baghdad Bob

It is looking like the Romney advisers are sounding like the former Iraqi Minister of Information, the Muhammad Saaed al-Shaaf. Remember his golden oldies (scroll down on the link)?

"They (the Americans) are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

"They are not in Baghdad. They are not in control of any airport. I tell you this. It is all a lie. They lie. It is a hollywood movie. You do not believe them."


The Romney advisers quote no polls when they speak. They just bluster. Yet, in swing states, Obama appears to be pulling away from Romney. And right wing publications keep beating up on Nate Silver as if he is manipulating data. He is simply adding up polls, averaging them, and giving odds. It's not that complicated, and his model still shows a 25% chance of a Romney victory. He is also not above challenging his own data and noting that voter ID laws in places like Pennsylvania could make the election results even closer.

Unlike Romney's advisers, Obama's advisers are cautious and talk more about getting people out to vote. The only limb David Axelrod put himself--or really his mustache--out on are whether Obama carries the States of Minnesota, Michigan and Pennsylvania. That is not bluster based upon consistent polling for months now.

For me, I voted for Jill Stein here in CA. My vote simply doesn't matter and I just hope Stein can get a few percentage points here in the Golden State.

If I was in any swing state, or any state where polling shows less than a 10 point lead for Obama, I'd vote for Obama.

I hope Obama wins. I hope the Senate gets at least 54 Democrats and that Angus King, Maine's independent, caucuses with Democrats. I most hope that Harry Reid and Joe Biden end the filibuster rule in the Senate.

I also figure we're fighting a rear guard action against Obama after the election regarding (1) the undermining of Social Security and Medicare and (2) the Trans Pacific Trade agreement. That is not gonna be pretty...and I will be sad for America if Obama gets his Grand Bargain and his trade agreement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home